So yesterday I bought some green apple juice boxes, because I was so thirsty. It seems like Russia is trying its best to dehydrate us. Russians only drink tea after meals, and alcohol if so inclined. They think it is really weird that all of us Americans drink so much water. Like water isn't worth drinking or something. And coffee! They don't believe in real coffee here. It's instant everywhere. Lindsay's family is so lucky to have a coffee maker! Andrew's family has a french press, but they think it's for tea. Instant coffee is SO GROSS! I can't wait to get to shokolodnitsa in Moscow and have some real coffee drinks.
We finally decided what to do for our two week break! Going to Irkutsk was toooo expensive. $600 for a round trip ticket! The train was kinda spensive too, and it would have taken too long. We'll just have to get to Lake Baikal some other time. This time we're going to Sochi, where the 2014 winter Olympics will be. It's in the south, on the Black Sea. It will be warm! And there are beaches! And mountains! It will be a real vacation. And the best part is the ridiculously cheap hostel we found to stay in. My host mom said we should just show up in the train station and there would be people there holding signs saying they are renting rooms. I thought that sounded like a scary idea, but she said it is really cheap. I guess I'd rather pay for knowing that we have a place to stay. We're stopping in Moscow first, before Sochi, for 5 days. I will get to show everybody around the city, especially because we're staying at Godzilla's hostel again. Maybe this time I will finally get to the space museum! Unless it's only open from 2:00 to 2:30 for tours
Oh, the name of this post refers to the name of the ice cream treat I ate yesterday. It was a waffle cone lined with chocolate, with vanilla ice cream and black currant flavor in the middle. MMMMM. It sure was my "Strange Love." Why don't we have black currants in the U.S. everywhere? They are DELICIOUS.
Godzilla's hostel sounds a little scary!
ReplyDelete