There isn't any soap in the bathroom at the university so I had to buy some. I wanted hand sanitizer, but they didn't have any. Russians don't care very much about germs. They don't wash their hands after using the bathroom, and they are not fond of using tissues. It makes me wonder why they aren't sick all the time. Maybe their home remedies are really reallly good or something.
So yesterday was an adventure. We walked a long way to the center of town. (Within walking distance, my foot. Maybe if you aren't carrying a heavy bag and a jacket and wearing comfortable shoes.) And then we took our favorite bus number 16 back. 16 goes everywhere! It goes right by the two sections of town where all of us live, right by the university, pretty much anywhere. We went to an Irish pub last night. It's always interesting to see how the Russians think of England and such. Phil Collins and Amy Winehouse were playing the whole time. Livi convinced me to try some Hoegarten (sp?) beer. It was inoffensive, but still tasted like beer. We tried to head back around 10:30, but the buses run rarely at that time. We had to get on 6, and we'd never ridden that before. So we ended up having to walk half an hour through the maze of apartment buildings and double back the way the bus went to find our houses. But we made it! What adventures.
Today we ate at Chainaya Loshka! One of my favorite places! They have real coffee!!!
Why did I bring my tennis shoes??!?! No one wears them! I stick out so badly like a foreigner! I might just have to buy some real Russian heeled boots. If anyone carries size ginormous feets.
I'm going to Livi's to do homework and pet cats!
Do zaftra...
No comments:
Post a Comment