...is in the air. I don't know if it's supposed to snow soon or not, it just smells like winter.
So, I'm beginning to think that I am funding home improvement for my host family. First they got new windows. Then their son got new ceiling tiles. Today they bought a new dining table and chairs. Hmmm.
I really don't have too much to report from this week, because I've mostly done nothing. On Wednesday I got sick with some strange stomach bug. Possibly food poisoning? I looked at the causes of food poisoning, and it seems that my family does EVERY ONE of those things. 1. They don't wash their hands. 2. They leave food sitting out on the counter for hours on end. And not just vegetables, cooked meals and raw meat too. 3. They have only one sharp knife which they use for everything in the kitchen, often without washing it in between. 4. They eat foods that have been sketchily processed- not that I'm blaming the pork they fed me that my host mom's sister's family butchered, it just isn't cleaned very well, probably. 5. All the veggies and fruits are washed in water that I'm not supposed to drink.
So I don't know if any of these things were suspect in my strange stomach sickness, but it's probable. My host mom blames the yogurt, which is probably the most innocent food product in their kitchen, being packaged and in the fridge. I'm mostly better now, at least my insides aren't trying to rearrange themselves anymore, but every time I eat my stomach seems to say, "what is this? I've had enough of this!" I could have eaten about 12 potato pancakes last night, but this morning I just couldn't bring myself to eat the kasha.
Today I went wandering around out of boredom and stir-craziness. I bought a new shirt because ALL of mine are dirty and my family just did laundry, so the hanging line is full. Also, I'm tired of wearing the same clothes over and over. I'd never noticed how nice it is to have clothing variety in your life. It's a gray shirt with a turquoise leopard face on it. Haha! But the leopard face is made up of dots, so it kind of looks just like an interesting pattern until you really stare at it. The tag said the shirt was gray and violet, which sure confused me. Green is in no way purple. The clothing sellers at the malls have gotten out all their winter coats! I think I need a bright teal down filled thigh length coat with teal dyed fur lining, don't you agree? I would be so STYLISH!
Ok, that's it for today!
45 days until I leave for home!
No comments:
Post a Comment