Friday, November 12, 2010

Russia's not all that bad!

I realized after writing that last post (and after Sarah's decree), that lately in my blog I've been complaining a lot. This post is to reassure you that Russia is a nice country, and I actually am enjoying (most of) my time here.  So, I've decided to make a list of the things I like about Russia.

I LIKE:
1. The cats- there are cats everywhere for me to exclaim about their cuteness.

2. The juice- they have such delicious juice here!  Cherry and green apple are my favorites, but pumpkin, pineapple, and pear are also high on the list.

3. Cheap food- means cost of living here isn't too high unless you want to wear clothes.  Makes for fun snacks too, exploring all the weird foods.  Crab chips are addictive.

4. The hats- everyone has beautiful hats!  Except the teenage hoodlums, of course.  Now that it's colder everyone is breaking out their lovely шляпы (shlyapi).  Fur-lined and fabulous.

5. Babushkas- The little old grandmas are so cute!  They hobble everywhere in their giant rubber boots, aprons, head scarves, and giant coats, acting as if they own the place.  "Here, young man, carry all my 14 bags onto the train.  They are too heavy for me!"  "Young man, give up your seat for me, I'm old!"

6. Hazelnut Snickers- These are soooo delicious.  Way better than regular Snickers, and available everywhere here.

7. Everyone grows a lot of their own food- Have lots of fresh veggies and fruits to can and/or make juice out of.

8. Everyone loves ABBA- that's the sign of people with good taste.

9. Tiny little stores, right where you live- I live within 2 minutes walk of two grocery stores, and 3 shoe-fixing stands.

10. Convenient public transportation-It's not necessary to own a car in Russia at all.

11. The babies- Russian babies are way cute, especially all bundled up like marshmallows.

Ok.  For now I'm going to stop and work on some homework.  I might have to add more when I think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment